Assistant Coach – Junior A Hounds
The Athol Murray College of Notre Dame hockey program is growing, and we are looking to add to our talented team. If you are a hockey coach interested in the development of student athletes, we want to talk to you! Our primary focus is to support each of our student-athletes in the classroom, on the ice, and in the community.
We are a historic high school located in Wilcox Saskatchewan and have been in the business of helping our students achieve their very best for over 100 years. Our hockey program consists of 11 teams including two Female teams and we range from U15 to U18 competing within Saskatchewan as well as within the Canadian Sports School Hockey League.
This is a permanent position connected to the Jr. A team starting this fall for the 2023-2024 academic year. This role will report to the Director of Hockey and working conditions include weekends, evenings, as well as overnight travel throughout the hockey season.
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Supporting on ice and off ice skills development
- Develop and implement team tactics and strategies
- Engage in game and practice preparation
- Execute bench duties
- Video editing along with reviews for teams and individual players
- Responsible for team supervision and travel itineraries
- Continuous communication with students and their support teams including parents, healthcare, and other stakeholders at the College
- Support facility supervision including the arena, weight room, and skill centre
- Gather and summarize performance data for metric analysis
- Create and review weekly recaps or highlights
- Support the promotion of the Notre Dame hockey program and our students
Qualifications & Experience:
- Hockey Canada – Development 1 or High Performance (HP1) certification
- Hockey Canada – Checking Skills
- Respect in sport and safety accreditation.
- Post-secondary diploma, degree in sports management or other relevant educational / professional experience is an asset.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment with a strong ability to develop relationships
- Demonstrated strong mentorship, leadership, and conflict management skills
- Criminal records check with vulnerable sector search
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Strong organizational, administrative and computer skills
- Adaptable, flexible and proactive mindset
- A proven record of motiving student athletes in youth sports programs
- Demonstrate integrity and model core values
- Coaching or relevant experience at the AAA, junior, College or Pro levels
- Experience playing hockey at higher levels is an asset
- Able to obtain CPR and first aid
- Must be able to work in Canada or hold a valid Canadian employment visa
- Must have a valid drivers licence
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.